Friday, May 14, 2010

I thought this was sort of pathetic

but then read that this is an iron man race finish not just a marathon. Well no wonder!!!



And to give you an idea, the St. George Iron man was a couple weeks ago and it was a 5 mile swim, 100 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run. Hypothetically....now I'm just calculating (I would never do an iron man)....the 5 mile swim would take me 200 minutes to finish...the 100 mile bike would take me 500 minutes.........and the marathon would take me 300 minutes for a total of 1000 minutes or about 17 hours plus another 5 hours for fatigue. It would take me almost 24 hours to complete an iron man. An acquaintance of mine completed it in 13 hours. That's just insane.

2 comments:

  1. I just don't think our bodies are meant to do things like that. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt a little like that after running 1 mile in 6:30... no iron man for me, please.

    ReplyDelete