Wednesday, November 10, 2010


It took Toki a long time to get into the groove of reading this school year. Last year he devoured all of Roald Dahl books and found many favorite series including the Hardy Boys to fill up his reading chart. I think he was burnt out and took the summer off, and then it took us a while to find something that kept his interest. He started many good chapter books but didn't seem to look forward to picking them up and reading for more than 20 minutes.

However, I haphazardly picked up this book at the library and immediately he was hooked. Every night he looked forward to reading and reading for a long time.

After that book was done, Chris picked up this book series from the book fair. Toki read all three in a week in a half. He absolutely loved them and was eager to talk about the stories.

Something else that I'm excited about is the choir. This is the second year the boys have participated in the school choir. Last year the principal conducted the group and I was amazed at how well the kids did. This year someone else stepped up to the plate........and I am so impressed and happy with the program.

They practice twice a week before school starts and now there are auditions for small groups and solos. There are also auditions for dancing parts. I've been really impressed with the caliber of the choir this year and I'm so glad my boys can be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment