Friday, November 12, 2010

Taking baby steps

I discovered MCP actions the other night when I was doing a search for something about photography. I'm a bit of an editing addict.......so the idea of editing shorts cuts, that are quite lovely, really interested me. However, the package I want costs about $400.

I downloaded a few free ones that the founder was giving out to test out the waters and found myself getting frustrated. I don't think they're easy to use (yet). Of course, Chris comes home and figures it out in a matter of a few minutes and then shows me a bunch of free actions online that other artists have donated.

Which brings me back to MCP actions.......I think I'd be wasting my money if I didn't get more familiar with the basics. So, although the shortcuts sound enticing.......they're probably going to be frustrating and not really short cuts, unless I do some shaping up. As for now, I think I'll continue taking baby steps and not jump into something I'm not ready for.

Sometime tonight I learned how to use the patch tool. And practiced on this sweet little baby. I also lighted up her splotchy skin using a brush and switching to the "light" filter and lowering the opacity. I'm sure there's another way to do it but just haven't learned how.



They'll be more pictures to edit and practice on. I have a handful of photo shoots lined up, this week and next........

3 comments:

  1. holy smack...i just noticed the difference on the red patched on the skin from before and after. nice job babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am trying to teach myself how to edit better...I follow Everday Elements on FB and every friday she has a challenge and she gives feedback, it has been helpful for me. I only have Photoshop Elements and downloaded a beginners tutorial and read the tutorial that everyday elements had on how to do a nice clean edit. Very helpful--I'm sure you have something above Photoshop Elmenets, but if you want the links let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't ever heard of MCP Actions, but I was eyeing up autofx not too long ago. I came to pretty much the same conclusion as you--$400 is a lot of money so I had better be sure I like it before I shell it out. I haven't gotten it... yet...

    ReplyDelete