Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cell phones and texting

There are a few reasons why I don't have a cell phone. The number one reason for not having one is that I'm too frugal to get one. I don't want to pay for it and I'd rather use the money for something else......like a marathon or a new pair of shoes. I also have liked not being accessible all the time. If you can't get a hold of me, it's because I'm not home (not because I don't want to talk to you....which most likely is the reason I'm not answering the phone ;0). My new reason for not having a cell phone is........that I'm tired of being invisible to all you cell phone/blackberry/droid people. Hello!!! I am HERE. Talk to ME. If I don't have one.....then I won't be constantly checking my emails, texts, social network status updates, and ignoring the people around me.

If there's anything that gives me indigestion quicker at the dinner table, it has got to be texters and texting. There will be no texting at my dinner table. You will be excused without apologies. Thank you very much.

I've been the recipient of way too many phone calls and text, interruptions. And what I mean by that is when I'll be in the middle of a conversation with a person all the while they're texting, looking at their emails, or even told to hold on while they answer a call.

Next time it happens.......I'm just going to step out. No apologies.

Here is a video on cell phone etiquette. Watch it.

1 comment: