Sunday, January 2, 2011

Photo shoots

I did three more locally and then in California did a few more of family.

I'm trying to figure out a way to fit in photography into life. I have time constraints and issues with the computer. My kids monopolize it and I also don't like being attached to it. It seems that lots of photographers have the issue with sitting in front of a computer, post processing pictures, for lots and lots of hours. I have so much fun doing the post processing but it's really time consuming. For example, the other night I was up until 4 a.m. doing just a few edits. I'm going to have to figure out a better way of fitting photography into our lives.

I also need a website to showcase the families. It seems that this new hobby of mine is overtaking our family blog.

My younger brother and family. I did a sepia filter and a cross process to get a couple different looks.








My cousin Cathy and family.



My cousin Christy and family. I've been eying Florabella actions lately. But I don't really want to pay for them. So this is my attempt at the look. I take the picture and overexpose them. And then I add a vintage filter and maybe a matte on top.



I'm not posting up the ones I did locally. The snowy backgrounds and the fact that everyone seems to be wearing black, bored me.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain as far as the photography goes. Before the holidays is usually the worst time for me. I agree...I don't like being connected to the computer especially when I am home with the twins. I slowed down on the posting of fams on my website. I don't even have a nice website..I keep thinking I'm going to re-do it. Again, it's the time thing. I only post once in a while now. You have to be careful w/ editing or it can consume you...especially if you are a perfectionist!!! Love your work though!! Call me, let's get together soon!

    ReplyDelete