Sunday, December 13, 2009

Been Hyper lately

The kids and I made some ornaments. Here are a few.

Finally finished this quilt after 4 1/2 years. After buying our home, I really wanted the boys to have Pottery Barn like quilts but wasn't going to pay for them. So I started this project. It's totally imperfect. I tried hand quilting it and that was the major reason it wasn't getting done. So I decided to use a sewing machine to finish it up. It is so messed up and I love it and my kids are fighting over it. The other is pieced together. Hopefully I'll get hyper again and quilt it.

After walking around the paper store for an hour, I finally decided on this look and if I got this card in the mail, I would stare at it all day long ;0).

Tried making caramels for the first time. A couple things I learned.....carmels need a lot of time and patience and you need to cook the heck out of them. (I had to go back and edit this. Chris was displeased. He posed the question, "what if I talked like that?" Well...he made a good point because I wouldn't like that. It just doesn't seem right coming out of Chris' mouth. I told him I really want him to go to Heaven and when he does that he needs to come and visit me with his wife and kids and then I stood corrected again....."wives and kids." oops sorry dear, "wives and kids I mean."


I made a soft caramel and a hard caramel. I liked both very much.

For years now I've been imagining sketches of the boys on my wall. So here's a practice run. Toki at 4 months.

He is going to Regionals for his Reflections art project. Congrats! Vy was jealous because he didn't make the cut, but got over it. These boys can be competitive with each other. Vy placed 1st and 2nd in the last two wrestling tournaments they had. Toji was very jealous. He came in third in his last two tournaments which is really good as well. Jealousy......A kink we're trying to work through (if at all possible) before they hate each other. Wondering if we should just have them in completely different activities.

A couple things that happen every Saturday/Sunday when Chris can. He makes waffles and he always forgets the last one. So here it is, burnt.

And seriously contemplating signing up for this.LA marathon I had been thinking about training for another one. And even more specifically, imagined my brother and I doing something like this, I was actually thinking more of a half marathon. And then it was as if he read my mind. He called me up and proposed the challenge. I'm always up for a challenge. He overcoming his individual struggles is probably equivalent to what I would have to overcome.......3 kids, snow and cold, time constraints, and my body falling apart. This is going to be tough.

Will try to get around to posting up the two tournaments that the boys participated in yesterday and the week before. Wow. It's a tough sport.

3 comments:

  1. I totally didn't see how the quilt was messed up. I love it. We also loved the family picture. Your family is beautiful, but I also loved the simplicity of the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got the picture..so sweet the comment u made about me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete