Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Latest Tidbits


This is the spare room that I've been storing stuff in. I'm ready to declutter, organize, and get things tidy......my heart feels this way but my mind doesn't have the will power. I just can't get myself to be tidy anymore. I've lost motivation.

My laundry room. Laundry is never ending. And it's not just the laundry......I feel like my whole house is this way.

My new toy Chris gave me for Christmas. WE ALL love it. We just added Netflix and it's very tempting to lay in bed and watch movies all day. The kids play games on it. I check my emails and facebook on it. I also have been checking out housing in Japan with it. Yeah, I pretty much can do all this from bed. So if you need me, you'll know where to find me. It is EVIL.
.
Made sugar cookies for my scouts to decorate last week. I was released from being in the nursery after more than 2 years and now I am a den leader for the Wolf group. Thank goodness we're moving to Tokyo in like 3 or 4 months. That's one calling I don't want for 2 years. And yes, things got rolling again with the transfer.

Having dinner slumps? Here are a few dinners I've done lately, if you need some ideas.

Chicken soup. I used pasta in this one but you can substitute with rice or dumplings. I slow cooked the chicken until it fell apart. On this particular night I didn't know we were going to have soup until 10 minutes before we ate. I was in a hurry so I boiled noodles and dumped them in and added frozen peas and salt. The kids loved it.

Navajo tacos. Sometimes I make the chile but usually just open a can. So after I make the Navajo bread, I layer with chile, lettuce, corn, cheese, salsa and ranch dressing. It's usually a hit with the boys. See that face Toki is making.....it's true bliss. He absolutely cannot wait to have dinner. It has nothing to do with me telling him to say C H E E S E. Nope not at all.

frying Navajo bread

Baked grapefruit. 2/3 boys wouldn't touch them. I liked them though. I cut around the fruit and each section. I put butter in the center and topped with brown sugar and cinnamon. I broiled them until they got puffy.

Bagel pizzas. They're self explanatory. I will add that it's best to toast the bagels before adding the sauce and other stuff and then bake them, so they come out crispy and not soggy. Oh wow, that oven is nasty. I don't remember the last time I cleaned it.

In my hamburger patties I added bread crumbs, veggies, and seasoning. Then I baked them in the oven. It's so hard these days to cook. Nights get so hectic with sports, practices, meetings, and life. At least 3 times a week, the thought of fast food crosses my mind. I M U S T resist. Let me know your "fast food" ideas. Pancakes, spaghetti, and cereal only get used when I am desperate and out of ideas. Any others will be welcome.

Here we are anticipating Chris' cousin, Bryce, getting home from his mission. We ALL cried.

Here are the boys waiting for Bryce to get off the airplane from his mission.

Vy lost his first tooth in December and then another one on January 18th. He gets so excited about having a lose tooth and then he works it out. I love my kiddos.

Today I heard myself tell one of the boys......"Will you just sit down and not move.....just stare at the wall and don't think about anything?" I feel like my boys are going 100 miles an hour and are non stop all the time.......their bodies, mouths, and mind. When will they ever chill out? Their latest thing is Quidditch. They use a bakugan for the snitch, a rubber ball for the bludger, and brooms. They chase each other around the house all the while throwing the bludger to try to whack each other. And when that's not happening......my chopsticks and other sharp, dangerous, pointy things are being used to throw out incantations. My head hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment